Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fergie Apologizes For National Anthem, Saying She 'Tried Her Best'

Fergie says she tried her best in her ill-received performance of the national anthem before the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday night.

“I’ve always been honored and proud to perform the national anthem, and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA,” the artist said in a statement.

“I’m a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn’t strike the intended tone. I love this country and honestly tried my best.”

Fergie’s slower, jazz-infused version of “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Staples Center in Los Angeles did not go over as well as she’d likely hoped. One person on Twitter even compared her to “my friends [sic] drunk mom acting sexy.”

But, considering the anthem is extremely difficult to sing, it speaks volumes of the world we live in that Fergie felt inclined to apologize for a mere interpretation that wasn’t beloved by all.




Source : Yahoo News

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 politicsnewsusa | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top