Thursday, March 1, 2018

Monica, It’s OK That You Wanted It

Monica Lewinsky and I were both in our early 20s in the mid-’90s, both zaftig and flirtatious, both precocious and probably a bit entitled-seeming, and both employed in Washington institutions, though my time in the edit booths of NPR can hardly compare to her time in the private bathroom off the Oval Office.

As such, it wasn’t entirely paranoid for me to feel that we were perceived similarly in our respective workplaces. Unfounded suspicions about sexual indiscretions between me and my boss mounted during the time when Lewinsky’s presence seemed inescapable ― but the most scandalous thing I did at work was accidentally let the word “fuck” on the air (sorry about that, member stations).

Even absent our vague similarities, I daresay most women in my generation were somehow marked by the national obsession with Lewinsky’s affair with President Bill Clinton.


Source : huffingtonpost

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 politicsnewsusa | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top