Thursday, March 1, 2018

What My Newborn Son Taught Me About Masculinity

Last spring, my wife, Emily, and I found out we were pregnant with our second child, a boy. Like many parents, we felt the momentary panic of realizing we were going to be responsible for the well-being of not just one but two human beings for the rest of our lives (no big deal). Emily and I, along with our wonderful 2-year-old daughter, Maiya, rode the waves of emotion that pregnancy brings with it. There was joy, anticipation and nervousness; prayers for a healthy baby and utter wonder that we had managed to somehow create another human being.

What a miracle.

But there was another emotion building inside of me as my wife’s belly expanded, one that no one ever talks about. It was an emotion that my dad and the other men in my life never prepared me for, probably because as men we aren’t supposed to feel it: terror. 


Source : huffingtonpost

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 politicsnewsusa | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top